Open Source Geospatial Research and Education Laboratory
The NCSU OSGeo Research and Education Laboratory (NCSU OSGeoREL) is located at the North Carolina State University, Center for Geospatial Analytics in Raleigh, NC, USA. We are part of the worldwide network of ICA-OSGeo laboratories following the motto Geo for All. As one of the founding laboratories we are the central node for North America.
Our mission is to develop collaboration opportunities for academic, industrial, and government organizations in free and open source GIS software and data.
Offered coursesThrough our GIST program we offer interdisciplinary, graduate level courses on geospatial analysis and modeling. Students are taught the fundamentals and methods in a software independent way by using both open source and proprietary tools. Go to courses and find out more.
- Helena Mitasova, Laura Tateosian, Ross Meentemeyer
- Graduate students and visiting scholars:
- Anna Petrasova, Vaclav Petras, Brendan Harmon, Keren Cepero, Nathan Lyons, Justyna Jeziorska
- Former graduate students and visiting scholars:
- Eric Hardin, Katie Weaver, Margherita di Leo, Brent Fogleman, Eva Stopkova, Paul Paris, Emily Russ