NCSU GeoForAll Lab
The NCSU GeoForAll Lab (formerly NCSU OSGeoREL) is located at the North Carolina State University, Center for Geospatial Analytics in Raleigh, NC, USA. We are part of the worldwide network of GeoForAll research and educational laboratories established by OSGeo, ICA, and other organizations following the motto geo for all. As one of the founding laboratories we are the central node for North America.
Our mission is to develop collaboration opportunities for academic, industrial, and government organizations in free and open source GIS software and data.
Offered coursesThrough our GIST program we offer interdisciplinary, graduate level courses on geospatial analysis and modeling. Students are taught the fundamentals and methods in a software independent way by using both open source and proprietary tools. Go to courses and find out more.
- Faculty and research associates:
- Helena Mitasova, Laura Tateosian, Ross K. Meentemeyer
- Graduate students and visiting scholars:
- William Reckling, Garrett Millar, Kellyn Montgomery, Anna Petrasova, Vaclav Petras, Payam Tabrizian, Keren Cepero-Perez, Justyna Jeziorska
- Former graduate students and visiting scholars:
- Brendan Harmon, Nathan J. Lyons, Eric Hardin, Katie Weaver, Margherita Di Leo, Brent Fogleman, Eva Stopkova, Paul J. Paris, Emily Russ
- Alumni and external members:
- Rob Parsons, Doug Newcomb